whoopi goldberg smokedwhoopi goldberg smoked

Posted by Shazy on Thursday, March 24, 2011

whoopi goldberg smoked

Whoopi Goldberg Smoked Weed Before Giving Oscar Speech

On Thursday, a viral video hit the internet that shows comedian, actress, and TV personality Whoopi Goldberg admitting that she smoked marijuana before giving her Oscar acceptance speech back in 1991.

In the video, Golderg is seen and heard saying, "Smoking cigarettes and pot every now and then are my habits. And I thought, 'I've got to relax.' So I smoked this wonderful joint that was the last of my home grown.

"When he [presenter Denzel Washington] said my name and I popped up, I thought, 'Oh [expletive]...okay, up the stairs ... around to the podium … there's millions of people, pick up the statue, get the statue."

Goldberg also explains in the video that her mother could tell that she was high in the video because of her "glistening eyes."


Goldberg won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in 1991 for her role in the hit movie Ghost, which also starred Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze. The video clip is from 1992, during a voice-over session for the movie The Pagemaster.


Source: Transworldnews