Tiger Woods launches app

Posted by Shazy on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tiger Woods launches app
He's definitely got swing: Tiger Woods launches $9.99 iPhone app to help amateur golfers improve their game
He may have dropped to fifth in the world, but he still knows a thing or two about a golf swing.

And now amateur players can access Tiger Woods's expertise straight from the course with a new iPhone app.

The former world number one has launched an application called Tiger Woods: My Swing to give fans mobile lessons in his game.

The $9.99 app, released today, uses video technology to allow players to compare their swing to Woods's.

But it is not yet clear which version of his famed technique they'll see, as Woods is going through his fourth swing change since he turned professional 15 years ago.

He will donate all proceeds from the application to the Tiger Woods Foundation, which promotes youth education.

Woods will act as a virtual teacher on the new app, which is available for the iPhone and the iPod touch from the iTunes store.


Golfers can use the app to record a video of their swing, then analyse it side by side with his.

Woods said he uses the same video technology to improve his game by seeing how his swing changes.

Users will be able to upload their videos to the internet so they can compare swings with their friends and analyse their progress over time.

Woods said: 'Everything about this app is based on how I practise. I've rebuilt my swing a number of times over the years and use this technology to gauge my development and help with my swing transitions.

'I'm excited that through this app I can take this technology on the road with me and that golfers around the world can now do the same to improve their game.'

The app also includes personalised videos from Woods, which answer questions from fans.

He said: 'I'm thrilled that in addition to providing fans with a fun way to analyse their golf game, this app will benefit the college access programs of my Foundation.

'From the funds raised we can continue to give many more young people a shot at college.'









Source: Dailymail