Courteney Cox Discusses Split

Posted by Shazy on Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Courteney Cox Discusses Split
After 11 years of marriage, David Arquette and Courtney Cox announced on Monday that they are on a "trial separation."

The next day, an emotional Arquette called into Howard Stern's radio show, where he revealed intimate details of the couple's problems. He told Stern, "She doesn't want to tell me, 'Don't do that, don't do this'...She doesn't want to nag me anymore..."
Stern offered, "Because sometimes she thinks of you as like a little boy."

Arquette replied, "Yeah…She gave me the motorcycle and she said 'I don't want to be your mother anymore.' I got it…"


Arquette apologized yesterday, tweeting, "I went on Howard Stern…to provide clarity and honesty about what I'm experiencing but while doing that I shared too much... for that I am sorry and humbled."

Is this "mothering" problem confined to celebrity marriages, or could it affect any marriage?

Psychologist and relationship expert Cooper Lawrence discussed the mothering problem and offered solutions you can try in your own relationships. Click on the video below for her full "Early Show" interview.






Source: Cbsnews